Thursday, December 27, 2012

You just have to find them.

I did try to be different for others to like me. I kept my weird thoughts to myself. I dressed on what's on trend. I did what they do. I acted as if I belong. Eventually, I realized it wasn't "I" anymore. Eventually, I had been putting "somebody else" through the time. Then yes, I wasn't really happy all along.

I was chaotic until I changed the path I took. I went back to my "own self" --- I shouted out all my weird thoughts, I dressed the way I wanted to dress myself, I did whatever I wanted to do. Eventually, I met people who appreciated my best and still stayed with me when I'm in my worst. They are the ones who never tells me "they got turned off" rather "they got turned on" because I know how to be true to myself. They are the reason why I am happy to be me. I call them friends.

If you're one of them, then thank you. Thank you for letting me get crazy and still tolerate me. Thank you for letting me feel I belong. Thank you for the support. Thank you for correcting my flaws. Thank you for staying  beside me. Thank you for making me happy.

You do not need to be so trendy to feel that you're one with the people around. You do not need to pretend you're someone else just to be liked by others. Being "the real you" will make you beyond happy. Being "the real you" is amazing. Yes, there will be people who will not like you however, there will always be people who can appreciate your uniqueness. You just have to find them.

And eventually, you'll call them great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How does it taste? :)